Thursday, November 11, 2010

Charlotte Birth Photography: Baby Matthias


This birth threw me a curveball, so to speak. I got the call that her family photographer was sick and they wanted me to come photograph the birth -- and she was already 4 days overdue! I love doing homebirths, so I quickly agreed. This was baby number 5, so I was thinking it would be a short and easy labor, but I learned that birth often doesn't follow rules and we were in for a long night. I think I got there around 9 pm and Mama was still chatting easily, had all sorts of yummy goodies to offer, and seemed relaxed as she hugged her other kids goodnight. Soon after, it got very intense and she labored with almost back to back contractions all night long. I have never seen a labor be so difficult for such an extended period of time, my heart literally ached for her. Lots of prayers later, it was time to push and even that went slowly. The baby crowned for 14 whole minutes! When Baby Matthias finally made his way into the world, everyone in the room was so relieved! He was gorgeous, just like his siblings and Mom and Dad quickly settled in to meet their new son. Big Brother Isaac even got to cut the cord! Such a joyous and beautiful birth and I feel so lucky and honored to have been there!




0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP